Monday, May 07, 2007

IPPY Semi-Finalist? Moi?


I just found out my book is a semi-finalist in the IPPYs. I entered several of our stronger new titles ages ago, one of which is also a semi-finalist (Body Trauma), and tossed mine in at the last moment on a lark. Wow. I think I'll go howl at the moon, drink some wine and hug my husband. He's the one who would take a dirty dish out of my hand or take over the laundry and tell me to go write.

This is a thought-provoking book as well as controversial, and it was always my hope that people would be enlightened as well as entertained. But it's a long thing - 454 pages - and I never dreamed it would catch the notice of a group of judges. When I got the notice yesterday, I sat back and ran my fingers along the book cover and thanked my two characters. Kim, Erik, even though you two are always at each other's throats, you guys rock.

1 comment:

Medblog Addict said...

Congratulations!

Sorry, I'm just a lurker lawyer. I can't come up with witty comments like the ones you leave on my blog.