- The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
- Accidental deaths caused by Physicians
- per year are 120,000.
- Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171.
- The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. (Yes, that's 80 million)
- The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
- The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188.
So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners. Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'
FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.
Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand. Out of concern for the public at large, I withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention.